Seasickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How should I handle sea sickness in the middle of my dive ? The subject was never discussed in books and class when getting certified . Does heaving your insides into your mouthpiece the best choice or do what I have done in the past ? No joke, lives have been lost from in water sea sickness . be good safe and kind Rumdumb Eastside

How should I handle sea sickness in the middle of my dive ? The subject was never discussed in books and class when getting certified . Does heaving your insides into your mouthpiece the best choice or do what I have done in the past ? No joke, lives have been lost from in water sea sickness . be good safe and kind Rumdumb Eastside
If you need to throw up during a dive do not remove your reg. Just puke straight through it.

afterwards block the mouthpiece with your tongue (prevent anything from re-entering your mouth) and purge

or be ready to switch to your alternate air source

If I start to feel queasy underwater, I usually just try to relax and control my breathing until it passes. Rising slowly can also help sometimes.

If it gets really bad though, I'd say the best thing is probably just puke and clear your reg like Zane said. Not ideal but better than panicking. Safety first, get it out and purge so you can keep breathing easy.

Back
Top Bottom