Searching for a Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic_diver45

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, well looks like I can rule out Gulf Shores as being a decent vacation spot for this coming January, so the search is on for an affordable spot for a weeklong vacation with diving. Wrecks are what interest me, and although coral is pretty to look at, it's just not my cup of tea. But at this point I'll settle for anything so long as it's warm and pretty and not so crowded that I feel like

So here is the question I pose to all y'all bubble-blowers who have been around the block many more times than I have: Where to go? I need affordable, but I don't need all inclusive at some mega-resort, actually I prefer to be as far away from people as I possibly can get. If you know of a place that isn't too crowded, perhaps a nice little resort on an island in the Bahamas somewhere or some such island chain. If they've got wrecks that's a major plus, but if they don't oh well, I think I can deal with that.

Just the basics:
-Small resort
-Good diving
-Decent dive shop

Any suggestions? Or am I asking too much?

I've looked aroung for the same thing and I think we are going to San Salvador Bahamas.. I agree you'd probably be better off in somewhere other than Gulf Shores. I heard Key Largo is nice and pretty inexpensive.

Thanks for the tip....I'll check that out. If I find anything truly promising I'll let everyone know about it.

Back
Top Bottom