Searching for a dive buddy in Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello! My boyfriend was open water certified last summer and has a real love for diving. I started the classes with him but ended up not being comfortable with diving. Feeling bad, as this was something for us to do together, I would like to see if I can possibly find him a few dive buddies close to us. We are from the Cincinnati area and I would love to hear from anyone close to us. Thanks!

Are you on FB? If so, look up the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew (the Wrecking stands for wreck diving!) on FB. There are a bunch of Ohio divers there who dive at Gilboa and White Star Quarries.

And I'm going to suggest giving it a go again for you. I had some major fears but was able to get past them. There is a FB group called Girls that Scuba which is an excellent resource. Post about whatever your issues were, and other gals will chime in about how they overcame their issues. Perhaps you need a different instructor and a private class.

Circleville Twin Quarries is even closer to Cincinnati and I dive there often during the summer. It is shallow but it's neat, dive shop on site, nice covered pavilions, and only 20 bucks to get in.

I'm in Cincinnati and would like to start diving locally. I typically dive with my girlfriend but she likely won't be going as often as me. She only has a 3mm wetsuit and no bcd/regs so renting gets expensive. Always willing to meet new people and expand my base of dive buddies. Are any of you guys looking to dive in colder temps? I'd like to check out natural springs once the temps get a bit higher.

Back
Top Bottom