search option changes, not working?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
so I go click on the search
search.png
icon, and it brings me to what seems to be INTENDED to be some embedded Google Search .

However, there are no fields to fill in. just a blank page.

anyone else see this? does it work for you?

Try putting a search query in the box before you click search.

Whatcha searching for Mikey? :popcorn:

Ok.. this appears to be a difference in the background shading of Blue color verses White color of the bar below the search entry field.

I normally use Firefox, and that bar is WHITE and I can't see that White text of ADVANCED SEARCH on it.

but if I switch to Internet Explorer, the title bar is dark blue and I can see it.

Now that I know it's there, I can see it in Firefox if I highlight it with the mouse.

If you look at the placement of the search magnifier glass icon, it's down a row. Seems like a table load issue. So it pushed the ADVANCED SEARCH down a row also. not sure if this is server or browser issue though.

see below

issue-with-advanced-search.jpg

Why the long explanation, Mikey, for a your search when I already sent you the link? :D

Hmm... Not sure why you're seeing it that way.

Maybe it's the Mozzilla instead of Mozilla? :wink:

Anyway...

I have tested in Firefox, Chrome, IE, Android Browser, and Safari... It all looks the same. Advanced Search is in White, in the blue bar below the Search box. Maybe you're on an old version of Firefox?

I have temporarily installed the google search, until I complete the upgrades to our internal search, which is painfully slow.

Firefox/3.6.20

CaveDiver is running FireFox and he can see the search bar. So it's not consistently doing the same thing with all Firefox browsers. have no clue what version he's got. /

Back
Top Bottom