Search on for lost diver... New Smyrna Beach, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namabiru:
That's not a bad idea, actually, especially since people with Integrated systems have a bit more work to do than those who are diving with belts.

If an emergency DID arise for those with Integrated, how long do you expect it would take for the person to ditch to get positive? Without factoring in the continually having to fight to stay up while ditching, what's a good estimate?
Not sure I understand your question, but as soon as I drop one weight pocket - I'd expect to float up. Dropping the other one would be next unless I was totally comfy with the situation.

One thing that could discourage divers from ditching a pouch is the high replacement cost, but - in some "accident" cases, DAN will pay for those. Either way, do it - and I want to get in the habit of being ready.

DandyDon:
One thing that could discourage divers from ditching a pouch is the high replacement cost
:confused:

"Trust me they'll make more!" :D That's the motto that was drilled into my head by my buddy's dad when I wrecked his motorcyle trying to learn to drive it.

That's the motto we should have for lead, and pouches.... :)

Back
Top Bottom