Search Function?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrotherBear

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, so I try to use the search function when I can but usually the results are such a mixed bag as to be nearly worthless.
I have found the advanced search window but no help screen or further instructions are obvious. What I am looking for are the search term commands (and/or, exact quote, etc.). For instance I search hog regulator free flow and get results for HOG, for REGULATOR, for FREE, and for FLOW where what I would like to specify are HOG REGULATOR and FREE FLOW. You get the picture...

Do these commands or formatting exist in the SB search engine?

Thanks!

Ok, so I try to use the search function when I can but usually the results are such a mixed bag as to be nearly worthless.
I have found the advanced search window but no help screen or further instructions are obvious. What I am looking for are the search term commands (and/or, exact quote, etc.). For instance I search hog regulator free flow and get results for HOG, for REGULATOR, for FREE, and for FLOW where what I would like to specify are HOG REGULATOR and FREE FLOW. You get the picture...

Do these commands or formatting exist in the SB search engine?

Thanks!

The SB search function does not recognize most 3 letter words. It also throws out very common words in search. If you wish to restrict it to only those words, try putting them in quotes "regulator freeflow". You can also specify to search titles only, instead of whole posts by using the drop down menu below the search line.

Additionally, you can use Google to search more efficiently by typing in the following: regulator freeflow site:scubaboard.com

There really isn't any useful Boolean search in this bulletin board software. If you want to do something more sophisticated than a gross sort, use the Google method shown above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom