Suggestion Search feature addition/move

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
TheWetRookie

TheWetRookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Scuba board,

As I have been reading through the forums I have found, and I know others have, that there is a lot of duplicate posts on various topics. Basically readers are not utilizing the search feature and they start a new thread. A lot of these posters seem to be new to the forums and are still finding their way around.

My suggestion would be to add in as another topic. A search forum topic. It would include giving instruction and tips on doing basic and advanced searches. It would be located and look something like this, when you click on “forums”, under the “scuba diving central” you would have…

New divers and those considering diving
Basic scuba diving
Underwater Photography

My thought is by adding it in here; it would be in reader’s plain site more and they would be more inclined to use it.

So I will leave this with you to think about and just add that you have an excellent site that I enjoy all the learning and entertainment that it offers.

Thank you

Ah ha! I'd forgot about that - thanks! :thumb:

Found it. Hence my sugguestion for the search feature. If it is in plain site, big print, and part of the forum titles, people would find the search features a lot easier.

However this is just a sugguestion that I will leave with you.

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom