SeaQuest Sure Lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just about to by the old version when I got my Scubadiving mag with the new Surelock in it. None of my LDS's have the new one yet or don't even know they have a new one with Surelock and one told me they would not be out for months. I can see by these posts he was wrong. More like they won't have them until they sold the old ones.
My only problem is I fall right in between the sizes of ML and L. ML seems to fit ok and L fits a little large. I am 185lbs 6'

CR, my LDS said didn't know either until I told him about the Surelok. So now he has to sell his velcro ones first so you can be sure he won't tell people about the Surelock until he offloads them. I did get him to order the SL version and it was the same price as the old one, $400.

One thing you might consider when trying on the BC is what type of exposure suit you normally wear. With a 7mm and vest you might want the large instead of the ML.

Since the surelock system (and just about any plastic buckle) could get cracked... Can the buckle be replaced? Where do you get the parts?

Good question. If the buckle breaks, you will have to buy a new pocket, not cheap: $25 a piece or sumthin like that... We are Seaquest dealers, and we have a few of the old velcro ones left, but we are already selling the SL version like crazy...

Be advised, that you should get a discount on the old velcro version as Seaquest is phasing them out...

Seems I read that the Balance is supposed to be upgraded with the SL system in 1st Q '03. Does anyone know if shops are carrying the new version yet? I really like the looks of the Balance, but decided I should wait on the SL system.

TIA! :)

Daryl

I got one of the first Balance BC's with SL in New England... GOt it back in January. It is great and definitely I would suggest going with the SL. I love it. Much better than velcro. ALthough, I know of some shops who are offering the velcro versions on sale. So, you could probably get a deal on the velcro version. Good luck!!!

LUBOLD,

Is the new Balance more inherently bouyant than other BCs like Pufferfish was talking about with the ProQD? I did find one shop in my area that had them in with the SL system.

Going to check it out soon. I think they quoted me ~$490 for it.

No, I would say not... The Balance is a back inflation, and alot less bulky than the Pro QD+. It does have some padding on the back, like most BC's do, but no more buoyant than anything else. The only way to get something completely without padding is to go with BP, harness, and wings. I love the balance bc, and I think its a good way to go. I would pick it up at that price too... GOod Luck...

I got a Diva LX before the sureloc was available. My primary concern about the BC was the velcro weight pocket, but I was stuck cause no other BCs fit me.

Any ideas on how to retro-fit a Seaquest BC with Sureloc?

Barring that, any ideas on how to create a positive locking system for the weight pockets. I thinking something you could engage to secure the pockets for exit/entry when you don't need ditchability, but would disengage for the dive.

Right now my velcro is in good shape, but I did lose a pocket before (on a beat up rental Diva) when the DM grabbed that to help me out of a "washing machine" rocky exit. Just looking for solutions to protect the pockets in those "high abuse" scenarios.

I have a Balance and my wife has a Diva both with the Velcro pockets. Neither of us has ever lost a weight pocket. In fact, because of the curved shape of the pocket and receptacle, the pockets would not tend to fall out even without Velcro closures. Perhaps it has something to do with the fit of the BC and/or body shape. I can see how they would work less well with a slimmer waistline that didn’t match the curve of the pocket as well.

mer once bubbled...
Any ideas on how to retro-fit a Seaquest BC with Sureloc?

If you haven’t had problems why change it? Like Grandma used to say; “if it aint broke don’t fix it.”

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom