SeaQuest Balance vs. ScubaPro Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PePaw

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be purchasing my kit a week from today. I've settled on regs and computer and have narrowed my BCD to these two.

I've tried them both on and for comfort and fit have them about equal. I prefer the weight releases on the Balance.

Any other comments or considerations ?

I used the balance on my final day of pool sessions and liked it. My wife used both the Libra and the Ladyhawk and is going with the ScubaPro.

Thanks for your input.

Pick the one that you like the most, believe me, you'll be glad you did in the long run. If the Balance had the slight edge for you, buy it and enjoy it! :D

I love my Balance - I've been diving it for about 5 years now, and its been absolutely fantastic - the only thing I don't like is not having the full jacket on the surface, but underwater I find it to be much better than the jacket.

Personally, I think the weight releases are better on the Knighthawk. The Sure-Locks on the Balance may be easier to release, but also easier to lose. The Knighthawk is not that much harder to release, but a lot more secure. Just my opinion, I'm not biased as I sell both and both are good products.

Another thing to look at is the tank strap. Much better on the Knighthawk, secures better even without wetting first. Also, Scubapro BC's have a better inflator valve. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks, i'll take a closer look at those features.

I'd go with the ScubaPro although both are great. I find the scubapro pockets easy to release. I've found plenty of Seaquest pockets on variuos dive sites. Never found any scubapro pockets. The Seaquest pockets seem to fall out far more easily (unless seaquest owners are more clumsy)

And I would agree with everything Scuba Cowboy has said.

I own and use both. I prefer the Scubapro but both are fine. The Balance packs smaller if you are going to be traveling.

I love my Balance although I have only used other Aqualung BCDsso I couldn't compare it to the SP.
I can't tell you how pleased I am with mine.

Either way, whichever you choose would be fine. Go with what you like.

I've done over 50 dives with my Seaquet Libra and never had any problems with the inflator or the weight pockets releasing. In fact when in the Bahamas I was really glad they were easy to release and hand up into the tender when our boat broke it's mooring and we had to be picked up. Just make sure they click in when you put your weight pockets in and you shouldn't have any problems. My b/f has the Balance and he also hasn't had any probs with the weight pockets releasing. Pick the BCD that fits you best.

Back
Top Bottom