Seaquest Balance, IDI Advantage, or Genesis Recon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noshow I have a BP/wings as my only BC and I am strictly rec. I love it. I can do flips, stand on my head, roll on my back, or anything else and it does not move. You ought to try both before you decide.

Again I agree 100% (i'm easy to get along with...) The thing that's the pisses me off is that both LDS's don't allow open water demo's of the rigs. :upset: I can try on in the store, etc but that is why I am putting so much effort into kicking tires on this board and seeking the knowledge of the wise men that have gone before me... more and more it looks like the only reason not to go with a bp/wings is so that i can fit in with everyone else around here who uses a traditional jacket or back inflate bc for recreational... I don't think that will hold however. Hopefully I will have the guts to dare to be different!:eek:

I had an IDI Advantage and got rid of it after one dive. The weight pockets have no support since the shoulder straps connect back to the frame. A more lengthy description can be found in a previous post.

I dive the Balance and I love it. I agree with what Stone said. If you are going to go tech in the future or if you want to go doubles in the future you would probably be happier with the bp&w but for rec. diving the Balance is a good choice but so are others. In the end it depends on what you find comfortable and what features you are looking for.

Good luck.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom