SeaQuest Apeks TX50 & Apeks TX100 Difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked up an ATX 100 1st & 2nd stage, The exhaust tee's on a the 2nd stage are pretty big, a TX100 must be huge. I took it out for a quick test run, it operated pretty well, although i'll need a longer dive to learn how to adjust it properly.

midwest_matt:
The exhaust tee's on a the 2nd stage are pretty big, a TX100 must be huge.
I find that the tee is alittle smell for any dive profile other than perfectly horizontal. When you get too far vertical, you start to see bubbles. I don't mind it though. Soem people do.
midwest_matt:
I took it out for a quick test run, it operated pretty well, although i'll need a longer dive to learn how to adjust it properly.
I find that you have to be at an intermediate to deep depth or in an extreme temeperature to appreciate the effect of the adjustment knob. You can play with it quite a bit in the shallows and not notice a difference in the quality of breathing.

midwest_matt:
I took it out for a quick test run, it operated pretty well, although i'll need a longer dive to learn how to adjust it properly.
Here's how I do it:

Reg parked - Lever on "-" and knob all the way in.
Reg in use - Knob all the way out and lever on "+" unless I start getting drymouth.

RichLockyer:
Here's how I do it:

Reg parked - Lever on "-" and knob all the way in.
Reg in use - Knob all the way out and lever on "+" unless I start getting drymouth.

That is exactly what I do except when under the ice, I experienced a little more than slight trickle so I turned the knob in a couple cranks and it breathed like a dream.

rescuediver009:
That is exactly what I do except when under the ice, I experienced a little more than slight trickle so I turned the knob in a couple cranks and it breathed like a dream.
Kinda funny... I was thinking when you mentioned that you can't tell a difference in the shallows... you're right, but standing in my shop, there's an incredible difference.

Wierd.

RichLockyer:
Kinda funny... I was thinking when you mentioned that you can't tell a difference in the shallows... you're right, but standing in my shop, there's an incredible difference.

Wierd.
If I'm getting you right, you are saying that turning the knob it makes a difference in the breathability of the reg. Are you using a Maganhelic or another measuring device, because I can get less than a 1/2" water difference between the two extremes. I guess it is different but not very noticeable to the common diver.

Subjective breathing test. I set the lever level with the housing and go from there.
With the knob all the way in, it is a VERY tough crack. It does flow well, but is impossible to maintain a freeflow.
With the knob all the way out, a firm press on the purge button will initiate a freeflow, and breathing is like the diaphragm and cover are not even there.

Ya... I like 'em tuned a bit on the touchy side :)

RichLockyer:
Subjective breathing test. I set the lever level with the housing and go from there.
With the knob all the way in, it is a VERY tough crack. It does flow well, but is impossible to maintain a freeflow.
With the knob all the way out, a firm press on the purge button will initiate a freeflow, and breathing is like the diaphragm and cover are not even there.

Ya... I like 'em tuned a bit on the touchy side :)
I guess that proves that there is a difference in the breathing resistance of open and closed knobs. I do the same I guess we weren't on the same page (or work bench for that matter).

Couldn't agree with ya more. I like mine ust the same. Others however freak out at a 'bad job' of service when the LP seat, seats into a grove and the reg begins to trickle after a couple of dives. So nutz to them...

You two guys crack me up! Great endorsement for the Apeks regs.

I agree with the performance, and I dive the ATX200 (had to go with the black pearl and I use it!) Fisrt dive with it ever was under the ice in Minnesota on a day when the outside air temp was 10 degree F. Water at 36 degrees F. It was also my first ever dive under the ice and all I could think of the whole time was how much better the Apeks breathed compared to my old Scubapro MK20 UL/G250.

Safe diving all!

jjwdiver:
You two guys crack me up! Great endorsement for the Apeks regs.

Dude, the post before yours was from July 2004. Just let it go...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom