seals on Cape Ann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chebby

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are they common? I and MellowYellow saw a gray baby seal today on Cape Ann (I won't give out the site name as I don't want it harassed.) It popped its head out of the water when we were packing our stuff after dives. Two other divers witnessed it as well. I've been diving Cape Ann for 4 years now and I've never seen one before.

I thought I spotted one at Plum Cove a couple of years ago. Out on the low tide rocks to the right. I've not seen one on the cape since.

Al

Had a few sightings over the winter on cape ann at various sites. Unfortunately they took off once we hit the water....cool to see though. Still looking to do a seal dive.

Well yeasterday while diving off of kettle island I thought that I saw a couple laying around on the rocks. I guess if they can be up near the Isle of Shoals,why can't they be at Cape Ann.

i saw a dead one at folly earlier this year

Seals are all over the place. It would not matter if you gave the location, they are long gone. There are some areas where they are more commonly seen. I see them every year at Halfway Rock. It's always a great treat. I had one surface beside my boat in Boston Harbor earlier this year. Last season I had one tug at my fin during a night dive. That can get your heart racing when you turn around expecting to find your buddy trying to get your attention....only to realize his light is not arms length from your fin :wink:

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom