Sealife Reefmaster DC200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im down in Charleston....I want to go to some wreck diving in Savannah this summer, my wife dont dive, but she loves Savannah, so it would have to be a win win for me...LOL

You got it...just let us know when you are coming to Savannah. My husband is the "safety diver" soon to be "divemaster" on a local charter we use...we'll set you up.

If you're wife doesn't mind the boat ride, this charter we use has justed added a 42 footer to his fleet...she could sun bathe at the front of the boat. If not...Savannah's loaded with things to do in the summertime.

What kind of diving do you have in Charleston? We've been talking about going to Beaufort, but I want to go to Charleston for diving, the aquarium and the hunley.

Andrea

I am a diver for the SC Aquarium so let me know some dates when you want to come up, I dive there every other Saturday... Let me know in advance and I will hook u up with some behind the scenes tours....

Hunley is awesome, I am a charter member with it, and been following its history for years....

As for diving you name it..... we have fossil diving in the rivers, we have a lot of offshore reefs and ledges, several small wrecks.... we usually ride up to Murrells Inlet to get the good wrecks from Georgtown to North Myrtle Beach.

My partner here at work does a lot of spearfishing, I'm not into that but if you are interested, we have that resource as well....

thats all for now....

...sound great, we will be taking you up on your back stage tours! My husband spearfishes...I got a polespear that I have yet to use, but am anxious to do so.

We will definitely be in touch.

Take care...

Andrea

I have recently purchased the DC200. I was reviewing different UW camera's and when Sealife came out with a $50 rebate, bringing the price under $300, I decided to go that way.

I have only taken land pictures (I have a dive trip next week), but am not very happy. I know it is only 1Mpix camera, but the CCD seems to be lower grade:
(a) The camera seems to have a lot of "hot" pixels. In moderate lighting there was a lot of "noise".
(b) The pixels seems to saturate pretty easily, not a lot of dynamic range.
(c) Sealife has not responded to two e-mails requesting support on these issues.

I am hoping the UW pictures are acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom