Sealife Reefmaster DC200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay...if I purchased a digital camer that I wanted, no matter what type is was, what about the housing, do they make universal housing for cameras? Someone mentioned in a earlier post about an Cannon Elph digital (I believe this was the model), how would I determine what housing to get for the camera?

Andrea

Unfortunately, camera housings aren't universal. Oh, I guess some of them could be considered so, but you want a housing designed for your specific camera so that all the functions are available u/w. To find what housing is available for which cameras, go to Digi Deep. Find your camera and it will give you a list of which housings, if any, is available.

Steve's DigiCam Reviews will tell you everything you want to know about a camera you are interested in.

I have to agree with WreckRanger, the Olympus/PT-XX would be the best way to go. You'll have a good camera with resolution high enough for make larger prints and the housing has proven itself over the last 2 years to be excellent.

andrea31419,

I looked through the threads and also did what you are doing now...asking us questions. I went to www.pricetool.com and to both of the ones that Dee had mentioned. I got alot of my information from Dee. She has a similar set-up as mine. As far as memory cards, batteries, etc...I purchased most of them from Bestbuy. I bought my camera from one of the vendors at pricetool and I bought my housing from Allen at underwaterdigital.net Allen is a fellow scubaboard member and is a very nice guy. You can call him (215) 635-2240. When you go to pricetool it will bring up about 30 different companies that sell and it breaks them down by price and by review.

Let me know how else I can help you
Wreck Ranger

Using the Digi-Deep link I posted, the C-3020 fits in the PT-10 housing.

I use the PT-XX as a generic to any of the Oly PT housings.

andrea31419 you wont go wrong with the oly camera
I have used the sealife pro film for few years and recently have purchused a oly 5050 just saving money for houseing and strobe
I have seen the quality pictures these cameras take and they are superb !!!!!!!

I have a Reefmaster that I used for about a year. Started out with the camera and one strobe, added the macro kit and a second strobe. I was very happy with it. In fact, I got to like UW photography so much, that I decided to go digital. I, too, looked first at the Reefmaster, since I could use all my add-ons. Just didn't like the camera.

I went with the Oly (4040) and PT set up. I only used it a couple of times before I left Okinawa, and haven't gotten settled enough in Hawaii yet, but liked the little I did with it. I did get a strobe with my initial set up, but the good news is, you can get started with out the strobe and get some good pics. In fact, I would recommend that. I took the strobe in first time I used it, and I need to just get used to the camera first.

Hi AliKat, I've decided to go with the Olym C3020Z with the PT-010 housing. I've seen pics taken with the Olym and am very impressed with it. Especially the fact that I will not have to purchase a strobe right away, which will not be in the initial setup budget.

Digital is the way....I'm a convert! :D

Andrea

Savannah Scuba

Hey andrea31419, its SCDiver from CharlestonDiving.com.......

Back
Top Bottom