Sealife RC Housing Replacement Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman694

Reaction score
:confused:

I have an RC housing (The rubber covered one)--the camera is DEE Stroyed...and a replacement is about 90 bucks...The camera itself looks like many other cheaper ones (Like at Wal Mart etc).Before setting out on a quest, I just wondered if anyone had substituted a different one from the "sealife reefmaster" (Made in China?!)

:11:
tinman694:
:confused:

I have an RC housing (The rubber covered one)--the camera is DEE Stroyed...and a replacement is about 90 bucks...The camera itself looks like many other cheaper ones (Like at Wal Mart etc).Before setting out on a quest, I just wondered if anyone had substituted a different one from the "sealife reefmaster" (Made in China?!)

Did you ever get a response to your answer. Im in the same position as you were? Im not paying $100 for a crapy camera

The camera looks exactly like the Vivitar cameras at Wal-Mart like you stated...

Sounds like an excuse to upgrade to me :wink:

travelbum24:
:11:

Did you ever get a response to your answer. Im in the same position as you were? Im not paying $100 for a crapy camera
Never did get any more responses--

I ended up sending the camera back to pioneer research and getting a totally new one including the housing (for about $99 + shipping)

Guess it was worth it...as the "new" camera is the improved (silverized) version--and have not had any problems with the housing or camera in 20+ dives so far...

Have even upgraded with a macro kit and strobe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom