SeaLife Mini viewfinder problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenlaur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently purchased a SeaLife Mini. I have difficulty seeing the viewfinder both underwater and on land. At first I attributed it to the prescription mask I wear. I have trouble seeing the object I am trying to take a picture of. But once on land I notice that it is difficult to view it with my glasses or for others to see that have better vision than mine. We noticed that we have to turn it upward at a slight angle to view the picture clearly. This may account for why I cannot see when trying to focus in on my shot underwater. What could the problem be?

It must just be your camera because no other person has said anything like this. Just wait for Sealife Denise to post on here. She can help you out.

Have you tried adjusting the screen brightness????

I have looked the camera over extensively and read the manual. I cannot find how to do this. It seems a reasonable explanation for the problem. Can you tell me how to find the brightness on the camera?

Wow, let me think..I haven't done it in awhile. I'll grab mine when I get home and check back with you...

Try adjusting your ev exposure also...Mine was really dark at first. Go to menu, then camera adjustment. and look for screen brightness

That did help with viewing the image I want to take a pic of. But when I looked at the pics I already took I still find that I have to tilt the camera to see the image clearly. Strange. It seems almost as if like the screen is slightly curved.

I asked Denise from Sealife to help you out. Maybe she can come up with something I missed

Thanks for your help!

Like any electronic with an LCD screen, with sunlight it becomes difficult to see the LCD screen when held at certain angles. As we do not make a sunshade for this camera, we can refer you to a company Delkin who makes universal shades for LCD screens. By shading the screen, you will be able to view it clearly. Please check out Pop-Up Shades – Universal point and shoot LCD shade and screen protectors (The ReefMaster Mini has a 2” LCD screen.)
What happens as well is if you are wearing glasses, you'll get the reflection of the sun on your glasses and onto the LCD screen, making it harder to see as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom