SeaLife Mini II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I jsut bought the mini ii today and will be taking it to our trip to Hawaii next week. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the pictures turn out. We didn't get the strobe flash as we really wanted to see how well it took without it and figured we'd build it up with the strobe and wide angle lens for our next dive trip in October if all goes well. for 200.00 you can't beat the price -
Sounds great. Don't let it distract you from your safety. Newbies so often lose their first camera. You might talk to the boat skipper about how best to pass it up on reboarding. Have a great trip and don't piss off Madam Pele...! :pilot:

Hello Sharkbait.

Saw that you are heading out to Hawaii with the Mini II. Just c ouple of quick points:
1) remember to stay within the focus distances outlined in the manual
2) pictures will only be as good as the amount of light that is available.

The best pictures will be in that 3 ft range with a good amount of ambient light. The strobe will always bring amazing results as it provides light to bring out the true colors.

take the time to read the manual and get comfortable with the camera on land.

Have a great trip and looking forward to seeing some pics!

Joe

I just purchased the mini II. I am heading to St. John in the Virgin Islands this week and will post pics while there.

SharkBait2, I just bought this camera as well. It seems to be an easy, small, simple and convenient way to capture some pictures for our upcoming dive trip to the Florida keys. Tried it yesterday in and out of the water and it seems very easy to use and takes good pictures. Still learning about how to use it and take advantage of all of it's features but so far I like it. There is a little bit of a lag when the flash kicks in as it recharges and prepares for the next shot but other than that I like it.

PICT0104_2_.jpg

PICT0098_2_.jpg

PICT0088_2_.jpg

00811.jpg

PICT0084_2_.jpg

PICT0070_2_.jpg

PICT0039_2_.jpg

PICT0037_2_.jpg

PICT0034_3_.jpg

PICT0033_2_.jpg

PICT0029_2_.jpg

PICT0026_3_.jpg

PICT0023_2_.jpg

PICT0015_2_.jpg

1791.JPG

171_2_.jpg

151_2_.jpg

138_2_.jpg

135_2_.jpg

122_2_.jpg

120_2_.jpg

117_2_.jpg

0619.jpg

053_2_.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I'm looking at a first camera, mostly for capturing the moment and not so much for winning photo contests. This camera seems to be a good price and produce a decent photo for just that purpose.

I also recently bought the new MINI Reef Master II.. And it is a great camera.. U just gotta learn how to shoot with it, I am a photographer inland so using the camera wasn't to hard at all. I am new to UW photography as well.. Here are some photos from the MINI..

Just click below..

Skip Jack | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
School Of Fishes | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Entering A New Realm | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Descending to the unknown | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sorry to say I did not care for this camera at all. I returned mine. I hated that I could not see out of the LCD screen like in the old days of early underwater Sealife cameras. I tried it Snorkeling as well as Scuba diving. It was very frustrating to look at cloudy/dark images in the LCD. My Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 takes better pictures in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom