SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The turtle was on the Malmock reef, my last OW certification dive!
And the display button only does this in "sea" mode. I went crazy trying to review my pictures one time while in "auto" mode and the camera was in the housing (I like using my UW cameras on my boat).

The turtle was on the Malmock reef, my last OW certification dive!
And the display button only does this in "sea" mode. I went crazy trying to review my pictures one time while in "auto" mode and the camera was in the housing (I like using my UW cameras on my boat).

You may want to try MotionPerfect and SteadyHand

GooderVideo for top Video Tools. SteadyHand to remove shake and stabilize video, video stabilizer, MotionPerfect and SlowMotion for SlowMotion

MotionPerfect made up for the choppy video that the cameras make and SteadyHand makes up for the camera shake.

I hope this helps.

Hi guys! Time for an update.
I am now back in Perth, Western Australia and in two days we'll be going for two dives at Rottnest Island. This will be the first time I use the camera.

A few quick questions..

1) I can't get the External Flash to fire. I got the Pro kit, and the flash came attached to the housing, so I haven't touched it. It works perfectly when using the Test button on the flash. But not when using the camera. I have set the camera to External Flash mode..

2) As I said, everything came perfectly set up in the bag. Are there any other vital preparations I need to to? I will of course charge all batteries the night before the dives.

3) The Moisture-munchers. Do I put one in the camera, and one in the flash's battery compartment? How long do these last? According to the flash manual I should keep one in for storage as well.. but I only have 4?

4)Am I all set? :D

Thank you both for the tip! That means that the only "problem" I had with this camera is gone! Woowwww!!
Can't wait to take underwater videos now (will have to go back to Turk & Caicos Islands to give it a try :)).

Now I understand why reading the user manual can help...

Hi guys! Time for an update.
I am now back in Perth, Western Australia and in two days we'll be going for two dives at Rottnest Island. This will be the first time I use the camera.

A few quick questions..

1) I can't get the External Flash to fire. I got the Pro kit, and the flash came attached to the housing, so I haven't touched it. It works perfectly when using the Test button on the flash. But not when using the camera. I have set the camera to External Flash mode..

2) As I said, everything came perfectly set up in the bag. Are there any other vital preparations I need to to? I will of course charge all batteries the night before the dives.

Make sure the Pre flash is set to 0 in the external flash, and the flash link cable is pushed in all the way into the flash head. Loosen the collate and push the up on the flash link then tighten the collate

3) The Moisture-munchers. Do I put one in the camera, and one in the flash's battery compartment? How long do these last? According to the flash manual I should keep one in for storage as well.. but I only have 4?

4)Am I all set? :D

Yes, put one in the custom detent inside the housing. Do not put one in the flash housing. You can put one where the batteries go when you are storing the flash head. They are good until they turn pink.

Thank you so much for the reply, Denise.

I am however still unable to get it to work. I put the flash cable further into the Flash head and tightened the thingy. The Pre-Flash is set to 0.
Might there be something with the cover-thingy in front of the camera flash?

Cheers.

EDIT: Never mind!
I finally got it to work. It was the other end of the cable, in front of the flash on the camera housing that wasn't in place. After putting the optical cable in the designated slot, it finally worked! Hooray!

Should Moisture Munchers be left in the camera for long time storage as well? Or put them in a sealed plastic bag and re-use at the next dive?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply, Denise.

I am however still unable to get it to work. I put the flash cable further into the Flash head and tightened the thingy. The Pre-Flash is set to 0.
Might there be something with the cover-thingy in front of the camera flash?

Cheers.

EDIT: Never mind!
I finally got it to work. It was the other end of the cable, in front of the flash on the camera housing that wasn't in place. After putting the optical cable in the designated slot, it finally worked! Hooray!

Good! :)

Should Moisture Munchers be left in the camera for long time storage as well? Or put them in a sealed plastic bag and re-use at the next dive?

Once a Moisture Muncher is taken out of its protective packaging it starts working right away. I would suggest that a Moisture Muncher be left in the camera (remove battery) to protect the electronics from moisture while it is in storage.

Here is a Pic I took with my DC800 with a Sealife Digital pro flash when we were diving the HMS Cape Breton last week. The camera worked great except for the fact that when I go down to approx 100' and then come up 20 or 30 feet the shutter button would stick up. To get it unstuck I have to tap on the camera and then it works. Anyone else have this problem

Attachments

• PICT0065.jpg
    PICT0065.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 153
Thank you again Denise.

As tomorrow will be the first time I use the camera underwater.. is there anything special I should do? The O-ring is fine on both the flash and camera, all batteries are charging as I type..
I'm guessing a maximum of 25 meters tomorrow..
Can I just jump in?

Should I test for leaks by lowering it into a bathtub by the way? I hadn't really thought about that! :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom