SeaLife DC600 compatible snap-on flash diffuser?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverGirl1972

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
During my last three dive trips, I've really started getting into underwater photography. I know that eventually, I'll take the plunge and get a spiffy new set up, but in the mean time, I've had great success with my second-hand DC600. Point and shoot ease with pretty good quality. Also, if something were to happen to it, I wouldn't be devastated. One of my trip mates flooded his brand new expensive camera/housing and I thought that grown man was going to cry! I probably would have.

I recently returned from a liveaboard trip in the Turks and Caicos. I initially lugged around my camera, which included a custom-made tray able to accommodate two SeaLife strobes. I wasn't having a lot of success with the strobes (overexposed, flash not working, etc... due to my inexperience, I'm sure). I found myself becoming fiddling with the strobes so much, I wasn't enjoying my dives. Too much trouble with no payoff. After three dives, I ditched the tray and strobes and went camera only, using the underwater settings and the built-in flash. I also utilized a wide-angle lens that I could snap on and off underwater and all things considered, got some pretty great shots!

ANYWAY, long story short, I'm trying to find a flash diffuser that would just snap on where the flashlink would normally go. I saw a bunch of other cameras with a simple, frosted piece of plastic that popped right on and I'm wondering if there is one that would be compatible with the DC600? I found one that is compatible with the DC800 or the DC1000. If not, any ideas on if it's possible for a not-too-handy girl to easily fabricate something?

I'd appreciate any advice!! :D

06 21 12 064.jpg06 23 12 023.jpg06 24 12 006.jpg06 25 12 009.jpg06 25 12 043.jpg

Back
Top Bottom