Sealife DC1400 vs. Canon S110??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with a SeaLife then went to the Canon S100. The Canon is better. Sharper, better for macro. More importantly, ability to shoot RAW and easy to shoot in manual.

If you want to take better pics, more important than which camera will be to get an external strobe (or 2) and shoot manual. If you want to see what the S100 can do, check out my smugmug link below (all pics were shot in full manual, with external strobes, RAW with white balance done in post).

Nice job with the pics. Before you switched to the EOS system, which lenses were you using with the S100? And are those the ones you'd recommend for other S100/110 users? Also, which strobe(s) were you using? Any recommendations in that area? Thanks.

Thanks Robtark, I'm glad you liked the pics. For accessory lenses with the S100, I had a RecSea housing and used the RecSea 2-diopter flip for macro. I found it worked quite well. It was quite flexible, because I would use 1 flip for small stuff, and 2 flips for the really small stuff (say smaller than 1 cm). For stuff bigger than say 4 cm, I could flip both lenses out of the way and just use the native lens.

For wide-angle, I used the Inon UFL-165 AD. It worked quite well also. Very wide, and fairly good image quality for a compact.

For strobes, I initially carried over my SeaLife strobes, but when they died, I transitioned to Sea&Sea YS-02.

cheers and happy diving!

Can you tell us more about this Canon loyalty program? Got me curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom