sealed neoprene gloves for dry suit with latex seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You cannot get a watertight seal with wet gloves...

Its my understanding that neoprene is a closed-cell material, so is not water permeable. In wetsuits, water only enters through the openings of the wetsuit, not through the neoprene. With this in mind, I'm not sure why applying latex seals to neoprene gloves would allow water in, assuming there were not any leaky seams in the gloves.

But then again, I've never seen neoprene gloves w. latex seals so...

I have yet to experience any neopreneproduct with seams that is watertight....

With the exception of drysuits...

I have not seen neoprene drygloves... But I suppose neoprene drygloves would come with a possibility to make a watertight seal with the cuffs...

So... when we are talking about wet/semi-dry gloves... No, the seal will not be watertight...

XS Scuba Diving Gloves

I have used the XS Scuba Dry fives for going on three years now. Used them in water down to 36 degrees and under the ice. They work.

49.95 with free shipping from Leisure Pro.
XS Scuba Dry Five Pyrostretch 5 mm Gloves

Canada might be a few bucks but they could be sent in a flat rate priority envelope and save you some cash there. But I'd say you need to call and ask em to do so.

XS Scuba Diving Gloves

I have used the XS Scuba Dry fives for going on three years now. Used them in water down to 36 degrees and under the ice. They work.

Jim,

How would you compare your dexterity wearing those gloves vs conventional dry gloves (ideally Atlas 495's with liners) ?

to be honest not even close. The Dry fives for me are way above. I don't like dry gloves. Unless they are attached to the suit itself there is still a seam between them and the suit. The difference though in the ones I had with a ring system was that if there was a separation of the rings your hands got wet. In addition you were supposed to have some way to allow air from the suit to enter the glove. Otherwise it felt like my hands were in a vise. I have some arthritis from too many years as butcher/slaughter house cutter and it hurt. The dry fives eliminate the squeeze and as they compress a little (neoprene is nice for me like that) dexterity gets better the deeper I go. And there is no water movement through them. They are tough gloves. I have actually felt like my hands were too warm at times in water temps in the 50's.

XS Scuba Diving Gloves

49.95 with free shipping from Leisure Pro.
XS Scuba Dry Five Pyrostretch 5 mm Gloves

Canada might be a few bucks but they could be sent in a flat rate priority envelope and save you some cash there. But I'd say you need to call and ask em to do so.

these look like the same idea as the deep see dry comfort gloves. how do you use them with your dry suit latex wrist seals ?? do you put the suits wrist seal over the first layer of the glove and then put the second layer of the glove over the suit ?? or is there a different way.

went ice diving today and tried out the Oceaner 3 finger dry gloves (titanium). hands were not totally dry (some water gets in around the wrist) but my hands were very warm. after 20 minutes in 38 degree water my hands were perfectly fine.

Welcome to Oceaner...

i wanted to stick with 5 finger gloves but these were not uncomfortable at all and i had not trouble handling my gear in the water with them on.

i still might get the viking good grip dry gloves with liners and latex wrist seals attached just to try them out.

Viking Dry Gloves | Scuba Center | Drysuit Gloves and Ring Systems | Cuff rings, Bayonet Glove Ring System, 5 Finger Latex Gloves, 3 Finger Latex Mitts...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom