sealed neoprene gloves for dry suit with latex seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i am looking for suggestions on gloves for my dry suit. the suit has the latex wrist seals. i am hoping to find a glove that has sealed seams to keep them as dry as possible and that has a wrist that will seal against the latex wrist seal of the suit.

i have found a couple of types that have the smooth finish inside the wrist of the glove (like the bare elastek 5mm) but they are meant to pull over a wet suit, not a dry suit. so they are just not tight enough around the wrist to create a seal.

i think i would prefer to stick with a 5 finger glove but any suggestions for 3 finger ones are also welcome.

i have read a lot of recommendations for the deep see dry comfort gloves. but i am not sure if they would work on a latex wrist seal.

my local shop is recommending an oceaner 3 finger 7mm mitt but have found almost no info about them online.

thx in advance

Why not get one of the ring systems that installs using the existing seals?

DryGlovesLined1.jpg

Wouldn't dry gloves w. a latex seal work? I've never used this type so I'm kind of wondering out loud here...

View attachment 151523

Wouldn't dry gloves w. a latex seal work? I've never used this type so I'm kind of wondering out loud here...

These work very well on drysuits with latexseals. Just make sure they don't overlap too much (I.e. more than 3/4") and make sure you have an under glove/undergarment that goes UNDER your drysuitseal so you are able to vent air in and out of the glove as you need to equalize.
Most people who dive in the winter here in Norway use these. (Winter = 14F Air, and 28F water...)

Personally, I don't like drygloves (But my buddies say I am crazy..) So I use Fourth Element 5finger 5mm wetgloves...

I had a pair like that once that worked nicely. Do you have a link? I couldn't find any in the local shops.

Hmmmm...these are harder to find than I thought. There's a pair for sale on Ebay. Expensive though.

Apparently the original brand name of these gloves was Nordic-Blue, but if this website is any indication they might be discontinued. For DIY'ers he preferred glove seems to be the Atlas 460 or 660 glove. But the Home Depot carries similar PVC gloves for about $5 - $6 dollars. Adding latex wrist seals would be very easy.

i do appreciate the info on the latex dry gloves. any other suggestions welcome as well.

but although i have researched the dry gloves, the idea of this thread was to find the neoprene options avail

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2013 at 12:26 PM ----------

So I use Fourth Element 5finger 5mm wetgloves...

i have seen these. do they work on the latex dry suit seals to create a watertight wrist seal ?? or are they for wet suits

i do appreciate the info on the latex dry gloves. any other suggestions welcome as well.

but although i have researched the dry gloves, the idea of this thread was to find the neoprene options avail

Have you thought of gluing latex seals to a pair of neoprene gloves? Probably the same process as adding latex seals to a neoprene drysuit.

Have you thought of gluing latex seals to a pair of neoprene gloves? Probably the same process as adding latex seals to a neoprene drysuit.

i knew i could make my own dry gloves by gluing latex seals to a blue glove, but i never thought of doing the same thing with a set of neoprene gloves. i don't really know anything about how the different materials would attach together. but i guess it could be done. they put latex seals on neoprene dry suits don't they ?? same thing. hmmmmmmm
thx

i have seen these. do they work on the latex dry suit seals to create a watertight wrist seal ?? or are they for wet suits

You cannot get a watertight seal with wet gloves...
If you want dry fingers, you need Dry gloves.

I use semi-dry or wetgloves with my drysuit that has latex-seals. My hands will get wet, but as long as the exchange of water isn't to large, then my hands will stay warm. (feks, during winter I have 1hr dives in 32-34 degrees water)

But NO, wet gloves will not keep a watertight seal. If you want that, you need dry gloves with a connection to your drysuit to prevent squeeze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom