Sealant used on the inside seams of my drysuit stick to me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fish149

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought a DUI CF200 Dry suit that was made in 2005. The suit's fine but one thing which is a minor irritation for me is that on the inside of the suit the stuff they used to seal the seams with is very tacky/sticky and it makes it much more difficult to put the suit on and take it off. (not to mention when I tried it on with just a t-shirt and it started to rip the hair out of my arm)
Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and if they had found anything (like special tape?) that I could use to put over the seams allowing my arms and legs to slide in and out easier.

It never really bothered me, but you could put some talc powder on it.

A bit Diving Unacceptable Internationally, for all the spruiking Long Dick does around the world, to experiment with glues on his customers.

I wonder if the military have to Brazillian depilate before a mission?

I wouldn't do anything to it if it doesn't leak. Are you really using a drysuit in a t-shirt?

With undergarments I can't see the problem. I have a DUI as well. If it's really that sticky as mentioned just powder the inside as well.

With a dry suit I always dive with at least a long sleeve shirt and pants to eliminate that annoyance, and the clammy feeling you can get from the suit. Under Armour or something along those lines work well in warm water.
Brent

I tried putting the talc on the seams and that seemed to be the best for what I wanted. It was a pain to get my arms and legs inside the suit without an undergarment getting hung up on the glued areas. With the talc on it "slides on" much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom