Seadoo/Seascooter help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a chance to look at one recently on land and the same thing struck me as well about the handles - seems fairly flimsy. I haven't tried one in the water but I wonder how it would hold up....

Hello. I am new here and am hoping anyone can help me. I just purchased 2 seascooters and tried them out. They are the yellow ones. After charging the first one and trying it in our pool I was impressed. But the trigger didn't work. The master switch had to be all the way on and when it was it just kept running. the trigger was ineffective. We cruised around for awhile and went to put it away when it comes on again and keeps running even with master switch in off position. I had to take the battery out for it to stop running.

I put that one aside and opened the second one. This one seemed to work as it was supposed to. Master switch all the way on and it would only start when trigger was squeezed. We put it in the pool and it worked great for about 10 minutes. Then the trigger failed and it would just stay on until master switch was off. Luckily this one turned off.

I am at a loss here. I have called Daka and they are putting a call in to Hong Kong. It is the weekend so I probably won't hear from them till next week. I would appreciate any and all help or advise you guys/gals can offer. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi

If you have any luck please please let me know i have three of these and have been trying to get parts for ages, i have contacted web sites in the far east and europe but all i get is we will be opening a service center in miami in july and i will let you know , huh well that has passed so if any one here knows where to get repairs done or to puchase spare parts please let me know

The internal magnetic switches which are supposed to be water reistant................Are not :11:

This is a common problem with these scooters, if they do leak, your screwed :11:

Mrs Mares is still waiting for hers to come back......and waiting....and waiting....................................

Problem is identical to the one posted above.

rodimus:
Hello. I am new here and am hoping anyone can help me. I just purchased 2 seascooters and tried them out. They are the yellow ones. After charging the first one and trying it in our pool I was impressed. But the trigger didn't work. The master switch had to be all the way on and when it was it just kept running. the trigger was ineffective. We cruised around for awhile and went to put it away when it comes on again and keeps running even with master switch in off position. I had to take the battery out for it to stop running.

I put that one aside and opened the second one. This one seemed to work as it was supposed to. Master switch all the way on and it would only start when trigger was squeezed. We put it in the pool and it worked great for about 10 minutes. Then the trigger failed and it would just stay on until master switch was off. Luckily this one turned off.

I am at a loss here. I have called Daka and they are putting a call in to Hong Kong. It is the weekend so I probably won't hear from them till next week. I would appreciate any and all help or advise you guys/gals can offer. Anyone else have this problem?
Contact ZAP at
501 Fourth Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Phone: (707) 525-8658
Fax: (707) 525-8692
zap@zapworld.com
They are the US distributors and will repalce the unit for you.

A customer presented me with one to repair about 2 months ago. His wouldn't turn on after it died abruptly halfway though the dive. I was not overly impressed by the quality of the scooter, though the engineering was kinda clever. I think it would make a neat toy for kids.

i was given a seadoo seacooter in trade for work i did on someones car and have tried it..i was very surprised as how well it pulled me through the water although it could use a bigger ,faster motor..anyways i dont see how the switch is water proof since its on a circuit board that sits on the back of the battery tray..move the lever which by the way has a magnet on the end of it forward and you make magnetic contact with the magnetic switch inside the case..dont see how you could get water in unless you puncture a hole in the casing..had 2 dives with mine yesterday and it worked fine..just my 2 cents worth..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom