SeaChaser 175 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port Tack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello: I have a Sea Chaser 175 that I am setting up for diving. I have most of the work done but need some help on deciding how to get back in the boat. A swim ladder would probably be best bet, but my transom is very small. Does anyone know of a platform that would fit my boat or have any other suggestions? Thanks

Mike

I'm not familiar with your brand of boat. If you're looking for a swim platform try: http://www.swimplatforms.com/

You can also direct mount a bracket to your transom for a dive ladder. You would want to reinforce it good though. I have a 1/4 swim platform on my boat. I mounted a bracket to accept a 3-step SS X-mas tree dive ladder.

--Matt

Here's what I made for my boat. Aluminum ladder w/ steel mounting bracket which attatches to my down-rigger mount. With this I can exit the water wearing my twin steel tanks, full gear incl. argon tank, and fins. I weigh about 160 lbs.

see pictures

phil

Attachments

• boat w: ladder.jpg
    boat w: ladder.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 121
  • ladder.jpg
    ladder.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 129

Back
Top Bottom