SEABASE Marine Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voidware

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This sounds like a really interesting place. SEABASE

Has anyone ever dove there? Its sounds like a warm saltwater springs that the owner has stocked full of tropical fish--in the middle of Utah. It's even at altitude.

If anyone approves (or disapproves for that matter), please voice your opinion. Or next time I find myself in Utah with my gear I will have to give it a looksee.

brandon

I read an aricle about it in Dive Training. They even have certification classes there. It would be pretty wild to say that you have swum with nurse sharks in Utah.

OK, OK, it was just their teeth, but I can dream!

Seabase is a naturally warm spring that has the same salt content as the ocean, the vis the is from fair to poor depending on the time of year and the amount of divers in the water, it is home to 3 nurse sharks, lots of large fish, the owners linda and george are wonderful people, the only downside is the vis, they are trying to figure out a filter system to help with it but the cost is enormous. if you have any ? drop me a line i live in SLC and dive the once in a while.=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom