Sea Water flooded case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thomthumb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I didn't check my O ring good enough and flooded my camera. Camera dead and already replaced. Is there anything that I should do to make sure that the case is still in good working order? I have already rinsed it out in fresh water and then let it dry out.
Any information will surely help,

Thanks,
Thom

Send it to service to ensure is sealing at all depths... Maybe at 10 feet will be good but at 50 ?

Or take it to dive without the camera inside....

You should order the LEAK DETECTOR from Jeff Mullins in Australia. It cost $36.00 US Dollars including shipping anywhere on the planet. It has a replaceable battery.

It won't prevent a flood but it will allow you to notice a leak by means of its blinking light so that you can take immediate action. It's great for the initial placement of the housing in water on each dive. It's much easier to see a blinking light than look for water droplets. Of course this is based on having a transparent housing or one that allows for positioning the device so that you can see the blinking light.

Thanks for that info. What about cleaning out the inside of the housing? I have rinsed the case out in fresh water. Next time I dive, I will take the empty case under for a first dive.
Thom

The freshwater (purified or distilled) should do the trick. Been there done that.

Back
Top Bottom