Sea Vertures In Fajardo Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whiteshark

Registered
Reaction score
:upset: I know that everyone on this board has read that the diving around San Juan in nothing special but please read this anyway. The Sea Ventures dive shop in Fajardo is by far the most unprofessional bunch of crooks that I have come across since I started diving. The dive master named Jose is totally imcompetent and is also a liar. He did nothing to ensure that everyone was together and was ok(not having trouble equalizing etc.) This was in visibility that at some points was less than 10 feet. Basically I had to wait while my buddy tried to equalize and in the mean time Jose and the rest of the group sped off and did not even realize that we were not with the group. We had to surface as my buddy could not equalize past 20 feet. When they surfaced after only doing a 30 minuted dive he did not even bother asking what had happened. On the next dive I ran into some equalization problems at around 70ft. and again Jose just kept on swimming along and I was left to surface alone. Again at the surface there were no questions as to what had happened. I paid this dive shop $210 plus bought a $45 bag in the shop and got to spend approximately 10 minutes underwater. When my concerns about Jose were brought up to the manager he talked to Jose and he said that he waited for us for 5 minutes to equalize before he took off which is utter bull****. The manager then said something in Spanish so I could not understand it and then Jose left and I was told that I would not be getting any sort of refund as we were certified divers. Please if you ever decide to dive in the Fajardo area DO NOT DIVE with Sea Ventures, and if you do someone please punch Jose in the throat for me. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom