Sea turtle enjoying its lunch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keigo70

Registered
Reaction score
Some archipelago made up of over 7,000 islands
Hello!

Just wanted to share some footage of a friendly hawksbill turtle helping itself to some lunch.

My usual experience with these turtles is that they are pretty shy around divers, but this one was very comfortable with us hanging around as it ate.

This was shot in Anilao Mabini, Batangas in the Philippines.

Last edited:
Years ago I was doing a dive on the Great Barrier Reef and watching a turtle feed on a sponge from a distance of about two feet. That experience led me to get my first underwater video rig when I got back to the States

I can not believe how bad that turtle is finning! He keeps banging the crap out of the reef and corals doing that flutter kick! Has he never heard of Frog Kick? Zero buoyancy control! What hack dive op certified that turtle?????

Years ago I was doing a dive on the Great Barrier Reef and watching a turtle feed on a sponge from a distance of about two feet. That experience led me to get my first underwater video rig when I got back to the States

It is very awe-inspiring to see an animal like that so up-close, just doing what it does.

Showed the video to my folks, and my dad said "this is why people need to see animals in their natural habitat". I'm sure many of the people on this board would agree!

For a long time my Dad never really understood why I became a marine biologist. On one visit I was showing him some footage I had taken of a queen triggerfish trying to eat a conch. He was impressed and his comments really made my day. He got it and complimented me on it. I totally agree that people need to see critters going about their lives, especially those underwater which relatively few people get to see firsthand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom