sea tiger x 3 !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3:
That sure sounds like our dive on Sunday. :D Nothing but a lot of sand. Our information source might have been reading his compass upside down or something. Well have to see when we talk to him next.
halcyon_pathfinder04.jpg

well.. i checked the specs on my reel.. the pathfinder400 is supposed to have 400ft of line.
so, to double check.. i extended a 25ft tape-measure, put a chair at each end, then did 8 full laps around the chairs (just over 16 lengths)..
therefore, i verified there's exactly 415ft of line on my reel.

i think the problem was.. that "obi-wan" secured the end to the rail on the side of the upper deck.. and thus we lost almost 100ft.. vice if we had secured the line to the metal platform in the sand just in front of the bow.. like "the master" had done :(

.. because.. i could've sworn i saw a dark patch of reef and some other things.. just about 100ft from where we reached the end of the reel.

.. or it could've been i was narc'd at 150fsw.. but wait.. we were all on helium.. :eyebrow:

edit: and since i just bumped this.. please, someone click on the youtube link i left above.. every time i view it.. i laugh to tears :D
well here.. i'll make it easy..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbFTdiBa9cg&mode=related&search=

malformed video ID :(

(too bad you couldn't join us tonight...we did a double dip at the Sea Tiger...nice )

VBlueV:
halcyon_pathfinder04.jpg

well.. i checked the specs on my reel.. the pathfinder400 is supposed to have 400ft of line.
so, to double check.. i extended a 25ft tape-measure, put a chair at each end, then did 8 full laps around the chairs (just over 16 lengths)..
therefore, i verified there's exactly 415ft of line on my reel.

i think the problem was.. that "obi-wan" secured the end to the rail on the side of the upper deck.. and thus we lost almost 100ft.. vice if we had secured the line to the metal platform in the sand just in front of the bow.. like "the master" had done :(

.. because.. i could've sworn i saw a dark patch of reef and some other things.. just about 100ft from where we reached the end of the reel.

.. or it could've been i was narc'd at 150fsw.. but wait.. we were all on helium.. :eyebrow:

edit: and since i just bumped this.. please, someone click on the youtube link i left above.. every time i view it.. i laugh to tears :D
well here.. i'll make it easy..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbFTdiBa9cg&mode=related&search=

You better cut that 15 extra feet off the real so that it will be in specs.

I don't really care about specs. I bought that reel also and got a 600ft roll of cave line off ebay. I think I can put an extra couple hundred on there and maybe the other 400 I can put on my finger spool. Maybe we can run a line from new barge to Baby barge. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom