Sea Tiger in 150 ft Viz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
DSC_0051.JPG

Well, today was just one of those days I dive all year to have. My favorite vessel is now in the black so we celebrated that as well as Malcolm's birthday. My good friend Kirsten and her boy Jordie were along for the dive. Jordie lives on the North shore and definitely growing up "island style". We can only whisper the depths he has been and he has been diving as far back as he can remember.

The Sea Tiger did not disappoint! We dropped in to the beautiful treat of 150 ft visibility and the sight of her resting on the ocean floor at 127 ft. Wildcard and I penetrated the first level and off he went, true to his name. I was captivated by the lighting at the second deck, so I remained here until it was time to leave for the ocean floor to attempt a shot of the stern and propeller. The wreck was teeming with fish, plenty to see, and we never made it to the bow!

Captain Chris and Owner/operator Alex showed all a great dive and we have already made plans for the next photo-op. Thanks comrades for another really good day on the water!

Very cool! Can I dive vicariously through you since I'm essentially landlocked for the next four months?

Great shot Catherine. I would like to dive there in August. You know how jealous I am. We could take some terrific shots if you bring your free-diving fins...

Oh, you guys, I wish you had been there---I am a bit euphoric. The lighting inside is just hypnotic. Yes, Dennis, we must do that although I cannot freedive this deep. But--at the Liberty, I think I can get in there.

Looks just like it did last night :D...I found 3 Gloomy Nudibranch!...first time I seen one (3!) in the 4 years I've been here...too bad I could go with you guys!

Man, I have GOT to go to the South Pacific!

Nice composition; engine room skylights & cat walks. Good Job --Not even a hint of silt stirred-up anywhere! (Catherine, clean-up and put away those spool & SMB danglies; and where are your doubles?)

talk about a wreck just BEGGING for a basic rebreather. How big is this wreck? And people ask me why I want to do wreck diving...

Wow. Nice story. Nice photography. Thanks for making it fun even for those of us who weren't there.

-Ben M.

Back
Top Bottom