Sea Sports Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to accept Belize City on its own terms. It's not a tourist town. In fact, it's pretty much the polar opposite. Definitely rough around the edges.

That said, there are some cool things to see and do there if you're willing to get outside your comfort zone. The Governor's House, the Anglican church, the Belize Museum (housed in the old prison), the former American Consulate building, the Swinging Bridge, stuff like that. And you get a close up and personal look at a former British colony/third world city. Waaaay different from life here in these United States.

Stick to the main streets in broad daylight and you'll be fine. Never, ever go out at night under any circumstance. For places to stay, I recommend The Great House, Villa Boscardi and The Ft George Radisson, in that order. All are good one-night accommodations if you've just arrived or are leaving the next day.

My impression of Sea Sports is that they're there to serve the cruise ship crowd. I talked to one of their boat captains a few years ago while we were standing in line for coffee. Typical Belizean: very scary looking dude who could not have been a nicer guy.

Back
Top Bottom