Sea Space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee, I do know the layout of Reliant Arena. That food court area you suggested would be a good spot for all the the Swampters to meet up. I have added a link to the layout from the SeaSpace web site below. The food court that Dee was talking about is behind booths 803-847 just above the entrance as you look at the diagram. Now if we can set a time. How about 1:00 pm on Saturday June 8th.

Anyway, here is the link to the diagram.

Reliant Hall Layout for Seapace

I will be there Saturday around 11:00 or so. Just name the meeting place and time. I think on Sunday,me and Lisa will be at Twin Lakes for a little pre-certification swim around the lake. :wink:

Ya`ll can count me and the wife in.Sat @ 1pm is good for me.

I know where y'all can find me on Sunday. Dr. Deco (Dr. Powell) is scheduled to present a seminar called "Top side, the Safe Side" at 2:30PM in the Rock Beauty-Room #1 room and another seminar at 3:30PM in the Leafy Sea Dragon-Room #2 room called "Computers and What They Do Not Tell You" (which will also be presented on Saturday at 4:30PM, but I won't be there Saturday.)

You can buy a "One-day seminar package" at Seaspace for $25 that I presume will get you into any seminars that day, or you can buy tickets for individual seminars for $5 each.

Seminar times might change (they already have at least once- Dr. Deco wasn't on for Sunday on my original schedule). You can see the seminar schedule at:

http://www.seaspace.org/sem2002.htm

Bill

Sorry people.....the wife and I can`t make it on Sat. after all.Oh well, there`s always next time.:(
Ya`ll have a good time ............. see ya on the bottom somewhere.:)

I'll be diving at Lake Travis with a Master Diver student. Say "Hi" to Peter Oliver at the NAUI booth for me.

We're going to be coming in Friday and leaving Saturday night due to my OW cert dives on Sunday (I'll be certified Monday night, woohoo! - so I should be able to make it to Twin Lakes on Wednesday after all!) We're probably going to be at the Friday night pool party, anyone else going to be there? Also, is anyone else dragging a non-certified person who will be doing the discovery dive on Saturday? My GF is a bit anxious about it and it'd be nice if she knew someone before going into the class.

Originally posted by chrispete
Also, is anyone else dragging a non-certified person who will be doing the discovery dive on Saturday? My GF is a bit anxious about it and it'd be nice if she knew someone before going into the class.

Chrispete,

If they have not changed it, which I doubt they have after all this time, the discovery dive is not really a class set on a schedule. You will just show up there at the pool, let them know that your GF wants to take the discovery dive, and they will bring over an instructor to work with her one-on-one. It will take about 30 minutes or so. The pool that they used is a large above-ground pool about 3-4 feet deep. You might want to consider bringing a swimsuit yourself because you might be able to get in the pool and watch on snorkeling gear. I have seen people do that before.

I thought it was more along the lines of a long class, then some pool time - I'm glad to know that it's just a short introduction, she was really not looking forward to spending a lot of time preparing for something that she might not even like. I'm not too sure that she's going to want me around during the time she's in the pool, I'll let her make that decision (but I'll bring the suit just in case :) )

Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom