Sea & Sea RDX Housing to Inon D4 Grip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

britishseapowerman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in a bit of a predicament here...

I just ordered an RDX 550 Housing, I already had an s90 outfit with the D4 grip stay to go with my inon strobes. I had thought(hoped) that the swith over of the tray would be simple enough - however now that its arrived I see that I lacked some foresight here.

The 3 base holes on the bottom of the tray do not line up with the housing - this leaves the grip stay tray held on rather precariously with one screw in the centre - not an immediate problem I thought as i could file the trays holes to get them aligned - not perfect but it'll do.

PROBLEM NUMBER 2: With the tray in place I attached the D4 arms - only to fins that the controls side doesn't have enough space to fit my hand through!!! And there is not enough space on either side to open the housing once the arms are in place!

Any suggestions on how I could possibly lengthen the tray - I stay on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic(Bermuda) without access to decent tool shops and also this makes getting stuff shipped here to put it right before my trip to the Galapagos next month!

This trip and the housing make the budget a bit tight to buy a complete new tray system but I think that may be my only option but even looking round the online u/w phot gear shops I'm not sure which tray would fix to the housing and allow me to attach my inon arms and ball joints????

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thnks in advance!

If it were me, I would simply drill a couple of holes in the tray to make them line up with the bottom holes of the housing. Then I would run it with only one handle on the right. Otherwise you can add length to the tray but it will take some machine shop work. You can buy the S&S arm system and attach Inon to that but it is a bit pricey

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom