Sea&Sea MM-II vs MM-II EX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FossilFinder

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone define the differences between the older and newer models? Toss the MM-III in to the mix as well if you have the info..

Thanks

Alex

Can't help you with the MMIII - haven't played with it.

the EX has a shutter speed control on it ( the MMII doesn't, it's hard wired at 1/100th), also the MMII EX will DX film at iso 50 ( the MMII only DXs 100 and 400 iso).
i've always felt the MMII was a little "tougher" than the EX, but that's just a feeling i have no real evidence.

The MotorMarine II has a fixed shutter speed of 1/100 s, whereas the MotorMarine II-EX has a variable shutter speed.

The MotorMarine III is a totally different camera (although it has the same "look"). It has a built-in wide angle lens, easy 2 point focusing, flash bracketing, auto-shutter speed and much more that is not in either of the II versions.

I am using the MotorMarine II and it is a great camera that can create superb quality pictures. The III looks easier to operate, but I expect it is much more expensive too.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Well, I just got an MM II in the mail. Now I'll have to find some water to do something with it..

Alex

FossilFinder once bubbled...
Well, I just got an MM II in the mail. Now I'll have to find some water to do something with it..

Alex

if it's not a new camera, and if it's a MMII it's not, make sure it was servised recently, if not send it in to a repair shop and get it done before you get it wet.
i use Backscatter in cal for the S&S work they do a good job with fair turnaround. the oring seals in the camera can get dry and leak after a long period.

Just check the O-rings and if they are not in good condition buy a new O-ring set and put it in. It will cost you about $15 and takes about 3 minutes.

The procedure is listed on the Sea & Sea website.

ScubaRon once bubbled...
Just check the O-rings and if they are not in good condition buy a new O-ring set and put it in. It will cost you about $15 and takes about 3 minutes.

The procedure is listed on the Sea & Sea website.

the "proceedure" doesn't mention nor does it show the 4 other o rings in the camera. there are seals at the shutter release, aperature control and focus too, as well as a second seal between the strobe port and the internals.
to change these you must remove the camera proper from the yellow case - how many Want to try that - all the working parts,wireing and PC boards are exposed. there are also several lubrication points on the inside ( not accessable from the back).
the rings listed on the S&S site are the ones that get exposed a lot and need replacing more often the others and the lub points only need service every few years.

Back
Top Bottom