Sea&Sea DX-1G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iain Thysse

Registered
Reaction score
Afghanistan (work getting in the way of diving aga
Does anyone have any thoughts on the sea&sea DX-1G? I did a search and couldn't find anything on the forums about it. If I have missed it please could some kind soul point me in the right direction without verbally decapitating me? If not I would love some feed back. I am planning on getting a camera and was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this one.

Ha, Ha, didnt think to Google it but I couldnt find that post as I was going to give you the link if I could find it. I have a Sea&Sea 750 it is an ok point and shoot the DX-1G looks to be much improved from the 750. Would be nice to shoot in RAW.

I'd still go with a Canon over the Dx1G.

I just see great results from the Canon offerings and the image quality from them is great. There are options out there if adding wet mate lenses is vital to what you want to achieve and imho the resulting images are better.

The DX-1g is overpriced. The camera inside can be had for around $400. That means you're spending over $500 for a basic housing.

If you like the DX-1g wait for the price to come down to something reasonable. It does have some really cool features.

That means you're spending over $500 for a basic housing.

Basic, but very a very good one, much better than the Canon housings for example.
The Ikilite housings are even much more expensive.
And what about the dslr ?

Of course the price will come down, but it's always the same story : if you wait, you will ave something else, better...

Back
Top Bottom