Sea Passion Hotel Palau Lately Anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there,

I've just returned from Palau - we spent 10 days @ Sea Passion. The place was very clean and nice. A private lagoon with Zero Fighter plane wreck makes it even more enjoyable. The only drawback were nasty mosquitos, biting our asses as we're sipping beer in the bar overlooking the lagoon :wink:
Cannot say a bad word about staff - they were helpful and nice as well. Meals were a bit more pricy than in city places, but not that much. And Sam's bar & grill is just a few minutes away, which had been very convenient.

Cheers,
Piotr

Glad to hear yet another good report for the Sea Passion as we will be there shortly! It seems like this hotel is gaining popularity amongst North American divers.

I also recently learned that they do have hair dryers in the rooms. Don't mock me; these things come in handy sometimes and it's always good to know that there is one less thing I have to pack!

Sorrows, have a great trip. Here's hoping you have calm seas & experience everything you've wished for.

Reporting from the Sea Passion today, everything good that was said is true! This is a first class operation and Indian Valley Scuba is glad to be here!

Looking forward to your Palau photos, IVS, and thanks for the good report!

FIVE days to go!

My wife and I will be there in Palau staying at the Sea Passion and diving with Sam's January 16 - 27th 2011. We are traveling on a group trip arranged by our LDS - AquaSports Dive Shop - Fresno, CA. At last count there will be about 30 of us. All of the information in this thread has been great thanks to all of you and I will keep looking here for reports and will post one myself as we return. Maybe even some pictures or video. I have plenty of equipment that I lug around but often leave on board because being a "Cameraman" I often miss too much. This will be our first trip to Palau and I am starting to get really psyched. We are West Coast Divers and really love the cold water environment but the tropics is always a special treat. We rate a good day of vis here at 30 feet so when we get in to that gin bathtub it is a bit overwhelming! Don't get me wrong all of our major vacations are to tropical destinations so we are not warm water deprived we just only seem to get one of those knds of trips in 14 or 15 months and Monteray and Point Lobos are only a two hour drive from home. We can do two tanks and be back home the same evening wash all our gear and catch some TV in one day! I taught my wife in cold water first and she fell in love with the beauty of the kelp forest and she is always up to a local dive. In fact we are planing to do Alaska some day. Sorry I digress.

35 days to Palau and counting down.:cool2:

You'll love Palau and Sam's. Read about our adventures there in the blog!

Packing now--we leave early Monday morning and arrive on Tuesday night. Years of thinking, hoping, wishing--a year of planning--and it is FINALLY happening! Can't really believe it yet.

I'm bringing my netbook and hope to post reports, but I just don't know if it will happen. I know from past experience that I'm pretty wiped out at the end of the day, and barely have the energy to (faithfully!) log my dives. Fingers crossed!

Ralph, we were in Monterey (and Point Lobos) last year and saw some divers--you guys are a hardy bunch! We were happy to hike and visit the wonderful Aquarium. That whole area is gorgeous--you're very lucky to call it home!

Sorrows with a 7mm custom Henderson Hyperstrech and a 5mm hooded vest and 32 pounds of lead on land you need to be hardy but in the water you are weightless just like in the tropics!

I just bought (won on ebay) a Bonica Snapper. I think my digital adaptor slave for the YS60 will work with it for still shots. Then it will be video using available light. I do not want to spend the money for lights until I decide whether or not I like the camera. I have seen some pretty good footage from them on the internet but until you work with one yourself you never really know.

I just keep reading such great things about Palua I am so excited to go.:crafty:

Back
Top Bottom