Sea Lion Grabs Fisherman Off Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

christ, that is terrible. i hadn't heard about that.

i do know that male sea lions sometimes will "sit" on top of a diver on the bottom, to show them who's boss. so long as you stay still, i hear they don't do much else
than sit on you.

If a sea lion sat on me, I'd stick my octo up its butt and depress the purge button!

Animals can have ESA's too!

you'd probably give it an AGE ... do you know how to respond to a sea lion's
DCI symptoms?

Jambi:
Like I said in another post....And people are scared of sharks. When's the last time a shark jumped out of the water 6 feet and grabbed someone when they weren't looking?

untitled-vi.jpg

nuff said

"that one was proven to be a fake"

well, it's not so much that the picture is a fake as it is that it is a well known fact that sharks jupm out of the water at military helicopters under the Golden Gate Bridge.

if you're not near the Golden Gate Bridge in a military helicopter, you're fine...

shark-jumping-out-of-the-water-wise, that is

Do you really think the sea lion was looking for food?

Spring has sprung and that 19 year old looked pretty hot to the sea lion.
Did'nt the article say his pants were ripped and his left butt scraped?

Poor guy - but hey, at least the water would be so cold he would'nt remember exactly what happened to him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom