Sea Lice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee Coon

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone tell me about sea lice. My wife and I are going to Key Largo the middle of June and we know very little about them. We don't know if it's a problem during this time, but we would like some info.

I went in June two years ago and never had a problem. I did find it odd though that one diver on the boat was putting on Sea-Lice 'cream' before the dive. I guess it was to prevent this. When that being said, obviously you can purchase cream for this if it's a concern.

I'd suggest calling the dive op you are using.

as soon as the water temp hits 80° they should be few and far between... SafeSea is the stuff to get if your concerned. They can be nasty little buggers for me, but not everyone has the same reaction.

we dove the keys earlier this week, looie key, lots of sea lice but used the cream,sea safe and had no problems just put the cream where the edges of your suit and mask meet skin and you are good to go

Back
Top Bottom