Sea Hunt Starring LLoyd Bridges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
I too, recently bought Season 1 at Walmart and was transported back to my childhood. Anyone who loved Sea Hunt would really enjoy the book "MASK AND FLIPPERS The Story of Skindiving" by Lloyd Bridges as told to Bill Barada. In this book published in the 1960's, Bridges describes the practice of diving in the 50' and 60's and tells several stories about the making of Sea Hunt. Many folks don't realize it but the makers of Sea Hunt really pioneered practical underwater cinematography.

Last edited:
I too, recently bought Season 1 at Walmart and was transported back to my childhood. Anyone who loved Sea Hunt would really enjoy the book "MASK AND FLIPPERS The Story of Skindiving" by Lloyd Bridges as told to Bill Barada. In this book published in the 1960's, Bridges describes the practice of diving in the 50' and 60's and tells several stories about the making of Sea Hunt. Many folks don't realize it but the makers of Sea Hunt really pioneered practical underwater cinematography.

If I remember well, there was a long article some 10 years ago (maybe 15 ?) in Historical Diver Magazine about the making of Sea Hunt. I wasn't really impressed at that time, and I don't recall any reference to that book, but that was all before I discovered the serial (born and living in France where Sea Hunt had never been aired). I'm going to look for that book, now. Thanks !

congratulation, how can i found it online :)

The collection, a google search should come up with something. There a number of episodes on YouTube as well.

If you have an interest in the series, there is a Sea Hunt reenactment at Silver Springs Florida March 19/20, 2016 . Silver Springs is where many of the under water scenes were filmed. We will have members of the cast and crew attending plus a huge collection of Sea Hunt memorabilia on display. Divers in the water all weekend diving in the type of gear used on the series complete with knife fights and hose cutting. The divers and their equipment will be available to the public so you can get a good look at the gear and talk with us about diving the old gear (I am on the crew). Come join us
Sea Hunt Forever | A site for the 2016 Sea Hunt event in Silver Springs, Florida
https://www.facebook.com/Sea-Hunt-Forever-662357900565800/

The adventures of Mike Nelson triggered my interest too (along with Jacques Cousteau).

GJS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom