Sea Hunt Forever 2024?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan was the driving force behind the existence of the Sea Hunt Forever events.

I don't see such an event happening again with his passing.

As the duly appointed Chairman of Sea Hunt Forever (appointed by Bryan and others), and having organized and run the last two Sea Hunt Forever shows at Silver Springs, FL, I am kinda, sorta qualified to respond to the OP. 😎

I have been in contact with the Florida State Parks Department (who owns and runs Silver Springs State Park) every year since our last show in 2019. The concessions at the park are run by a private organization.

Anyway, for a variety of reasons (political, regulatory, liability-related and new facility size issues) there will NOT be a show in 2024. I am ever hopeful there will be a Sea Hunt Forever show in the future as I thoroughly enjoy every aspect of putting the show together and have made friends with the powers-that-be at the Parks Dept.

The cast members involved are all top notch, excellent and superb vintage equipment divers (many who are here on SB), are really great people, and have the proper Sea Hunt equipment. Part of our licensing agreement with the State (to get the permit to dive the basin at Silver Springs where scuba is not allowed) involves everyone's equipment being inspected by the Florida State Historical Weapons Department rangers to make sure we qualify as "Historical Re-enactors" as required by our permit. That is a whole different story that maybe I'll tell one day. 😀

Anyway, thanks for triggering some great memories. Fingers crossed for a future show.

Mark

As the duly appointed Chairman of Sea Hunt Forever (appointed by Bryan and others), and having organized and run the last two Sea Hunt Forever shows at Silver Springs, FL, I am kinda, sorta qualified to respond to the OP. 😎

I have been in contact with the Florida State Parks Department (who owns and runs Silver Springs State Park) every year since our last show in 2019. The concessions at the park are run by a private organization.

Anyway, for a variety of reasons (political, regulatory, liability-related and new facility size issues) there will NOT be a show in 2024. I am ever hopeful there will be a Sea Hunt Forever show in the future as I thoroughly enjoy every aspect of putting the show together and have made friends with the powers-that-be at the Parks Dept.

The cast members involved are all top notch, excellent and superb vintage equipment divers (many who are here on SB), are really great people, and have the proper Sea Hunt equipment. Part of our licensing agreement with the State (to get the permit to dive the basin at Silver Springs where scuba is not allowed) involves everyone's equipment being inspected by the Florida State Historical Weapons Department rangers to make sure we qualify as "Historical Re-enactors" as required by our permit. That is a whole different story that maybe I'll tell one day. 😀

Anyway, thanks for triggering some great memories. Fingers crossed for a future show.

Mark
I recall seeing the equipment standards mentioned. As Silver Springs is a beautiful location, has an alternative been considered? I'm troubled to come up with another location that could provide visuals for 'tourists' attraction involving vintage scuba.

I recall seeing the equipment standards mentioned. As Silver Springs is a beautiful location, has an alternative been considered? I'm troubled to come up with another location that could provide visuals for 'tourists' attraction involving vintage scuba.
If you can come up with a suitable location I will be happy to follow-up. M

I will always have Seahunt Forever right here at my home in the PAC-NW...... and the Florida political, regulatory, liability-related and new facility nazis can all go fly a kite!

0ta4R79.jpg

MXZJyFq.jpg

Thanks for the update Mark. I've been thinking about you recently and was going to email you to ask how things stand with SHF. You must have ESP. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom