Sea horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Home from a most awsome weekend on the big isle. Thanks Matt for coming in to take just me and K on the black water dive. People, you HAVE to do this! It was so awsome!! And I saw a sea horse! My first..I did not know seahorses lived in 7000 foot deep water. No, thats not a typo, Matt was kind enough to kick us off the boat, 5 miles offshore at 9:30 PM at night in 7000 feet of water. I saw the most amasing things including a seahorse! I even got pics. The Venus Girdle was most amasing the the syphonifors (sp) had some wonderful colors. The little DNA looking critters ( matt, name help please) were way cool too. Manta dive prior to this dive was great with good vis, enough people to light up the water and 10ish mantas. Just wish the video gal would have videoed it. Did a couple of dives with Grizz and Red Rover, always fun. Saw Hootie and the blow fish, more fun.
I havent had this much fun in a long time.....

Headed back to AK in a couple of days so anyone that wants to get wet in the next day or two, please PM me.

why back to Alaska so soon?

Glad you found Lisa. Is Matt Lio kai Matt, with the three legged dog Matt?

Dinoflagellates? is that the word?

No, dinos live on coral and cause Ciguaterria. Yes, that Matt. He taught my capts class last year, or was it two? Sea horse Matt :)
Gotta work on my house so I can rent it out.
Also think I found my new boat.

did somebody say boat?

new boat :D...that's good news :wink:

Good to hear that you caught up with RR and were able to do some diving together. I know she enjoyed the night dive.

Can't wait for your pictures!!

Ya, due to the SB melt down we failed to hook up for the blackwater dive. We did do Puako with grizz the next night. Five tanks and 3 were at night, good trip. My pics are not near the quality of Matts but Im learning. Clearly I need to spend more money. Second strobe and a flood modeling light. OR! Maybe a new DSLR :)... Gotta learn what I have first.

UW photography (and photography in general) it is a bottomless pit...

I went to the lantern festival to take some pictures tonight...so proud with my nice camera..:11: Then what do I see? There were guys with 3(!!!) D1's and all with high end lenses on them....Bottomless I tell you....

Yet your pics are much better? A good photog can take a POS camera and get awsome shots and some people (me) spend a butt load of money and still have a million shots of green water.

How was Hootie? I wanted to see them when there were here last week, but couldn't get the time off of work...

Most rockin show! Acoustics sucked very much badly but due to my screaming :) we got three encores. Fan frikkin tastic! Dancing with two hot red heads helped too.
Much mo betta than the Eagles ticks I paid three times as much for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom