sea elite??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

California Diver:
i dont know why theres a color difference they both use brightstar bulb and ballast

Diverite uses the WA for their MR11. Which is the comparable light to the Sea Elite / Salvo.

The Salvo is a "brighter" light in this model line from comparison to 3 of the DR MR11 lights, one of which I own.

Well, I have mine on about 20 dives with deepest 120 and 90 ft.
Problem I have with mine is that once in a while light head lens gets sort of steamed up on the inside. There must be some small leak somewhere. Did not have time to call DS to take care of it. Despite the issue, light works well, never fail on me as of yet.

scubafool:
dive2deep, I betcha you like this light.

Absolutley, I think it's the best value for the money by a long shot. I think the beam is narrow enough for most applications, and 10 watt with a 4hr burn time is all I need for the type of wreck and quarry diving I do around here. For tropical night dives, I almost think it's too bright.

The quality is awesome, as Barry Miller can tell you. It just feels like a solid piece of equipment.

I highly recommend this light to anyone needing a can light and not willing to spend a grand on one. I got mine for under $500 with shipping.

Szymon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom