sea elite??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw the Sea Elite light on the Divers Supply web site. Has anyone had any experience buying from this site? It seems to be a nice basic light at a great price, but I am wondering about the service I could expect from Divers Supply.

AnotherNWdiver:
I saw the Sea Elite light on the Divers Supply web site. Has anyone had any experience buying from this site? It seems to be a nice basic light at a great price, but I am wondering about the service I could expect from Divers Supply.

The light Perrone saw over Halloween is mine. I ordered it from Diver's Supply.

I like the light quite a bit, but on the 6th dive, the light head flooded. On Monday I called Diver's Supply, they said no worries, to send the light back & they would get it repaired. Long story short, while there were some communication issues between Customer Service & Shipping at Diver's Supply, Customer Service really went out of their way to make things right. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Cheers,

David

David,

Thanks for chiming in. I was very impressed with your light. There may not be a better HID bargain out there anywhere. Did you ever figure out why it flooded?

No I haven't, though I had intended to email Salvo about it, but kinda like forgot to.

I really like the goodman handle that comes standard with this light. The DiveRite I borrowed for the night dive seemed to have a "more blue" color to the beam, though.

Hey ! Just incase anyone is interested,, I did get my Sea Elite 10w can from Divers Supply. I have about 20 dives on it now, and the deepest was 130'. Works great, no flooding, great burn time, and VERY well built. 3 of my buddies are getting them because they like mine so much. I can't imagine you would go wrong with this light! You get a lot, for not much money.
Dave.

I just got one from Santa. Great quality, haven't had it in the water yet.

Had mine wet today, twice. Well, the OUTSIDE of it got wet, at least.:D

I have 8 dives on the replacment light, deepest was 100'. I have not heard of anyone else than me having any issues with this light, so I am inclined to think that this was an oddball problem.

dive2deep, I betcha you like this light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom