sea elite??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbg40

Contributor
Reaction score
Any comments on the sea elite can lights? I need a back-up, and they seem to be made pretty well. Anyone know anything for sure? Price is pretty enticing!

the sea elite can light is a light made my barry miller of slavo diving. now he makes some seriously awesome stuff. therefore that light is prolly great!.

www.salvodiving.com

compared it last weekend with a DR 10w and it turned out better. Sea elites light is a little more on the yellowish side while the DR's was bluish. With the light inensity, the sea elite blew off the DR. i also liked the goodman handle. it felt very solid compared to the elastic ones that come with the DR.

i dont know why theres a color difference they both use brightstar bulb and ballast

Someone took a picture of me at last weeks NACD convention talking to Barry Miller about this very light! LOL! It's a nice light.

PerroneFord:
Someone took a picture of me at last weeks NACD convention talking to Barry Miller about this very light! LOL! It's a nice light.

OMG! You must be sooo excited!!:D

LOL just giving you a hard time man, What did he say about it?

Well, I asked if there was any difference in componentry between it and his regular lights. He indicated there was not. He did not see a place in his inventory for a fixed focus 10w light as he sold VERY few of them, and agreed to make them for someone else. So for all intents and purposes, it uses his standard delrin canister, his battery packs, his charger, and everything else standard across the Salvo line. Just doesn't have his name on it.

For someone looking for Salvo quality, this is a great deal. I got to see one in action at Ginnie Springs over halloween and it was pretty impressive for the price.

DR sells a lot of the fixed beam HID's I wonder why he wouldnt, maybe for lack of dealers or something or being so new that many (that would be in the marketfor a fixed beam 10W) just dont know the name yet.

My light is adjustable but I can count on one hand the number of times I havent had it set to "light saber" of course I seldom take my cam w/ me.

PerroneFord:
Well, I asked if there was any difference in componentry between it and his regular lights. He indicated there was not. He did not see a place in his inventory for a fixed focus 10w light as he sold VERY few of them, and agreed to make them for someone else. So for all intents and purposes, it uses his standard delrin canister, his battery packs, his charger, and everything else standard across the Salvo line. Just doesn't have his name on it.

For someone looking for Salvo quality, this is a great deal. I got to see one in action at Ginnie Springs over halloween and it was pretty impressive for the price.

im seriously considering the sea elite. is the beam set at its tightest spot or widest?

Back
Top Bottom