Sea Elite Tek X Regulator vs. Delta 4..how is it??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gene1948

Registered
Reaction score
I would appreciate your help in deciding whether to pay the extra money for an Oceanic Delta 4 FDX-10 which is highly rated vs. a Sea Elite Tek X that costs hundreds of $ less. Do you think the Oceanic is worth the additional cost, or is the Sea Elite a good value as it appears for recreational diving?? Thanks fin advance or any comments and suggestions.

In my not-so-humble opinion, there are enough "name brand" regulators, in all price ranges, with large sales and, most importantly, service networks, that one should never for a moment consider purchasing a store brand reg.

From my understanding, the Sea Elite Tek X is a clone of a Dive-Rite reg. In fact, if you don't like the Sea Elite 2nd stage coverplate, you can replace it with a Dive-Rite coverplate. Some of the regulator technicians I know have indicated that they prefer to use the Dive-Rite service manual as it has better documentation.

Although I have Apeks for my primary reg, I am strongly considering the Tek X for a stage/Deco bottle reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom