Question Sea and Sea YS D3 Mark 2 problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
W
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased two new Sea and Sea YS D3 Mark 2 strobes in the summer of 2021.

The power control nob on both strobes has failed not allowing me to control the power on the strobe. The power nob has broke free within the strobe and spins 360 degrees without changing the power output. My question is whether any other members have experienced the same issue.

I was recently on a liveaboard with a guy who was shooting a D850 with two YS-D3s and had the power knob break on one of them, but, if I remember correctly, it was just the plastic part that broke off and he was able to jury rig a makeshift handle in its place. That wasn't his first failure either, he had a long tale of warranty exchanges and repair bills.

I purchased two new Sea and Sea YS D3 Mark 2 strobes in the summer of 2021.

The power control nob on both strobes has failed not allowing me to control the power on the strobe. The power nob has broke free within the strobe and spins 360 degrees without changing the power output. My question is whether any other members have experienced the same issue.
Yes this happened to me today 😢 yesterday it wasn’t turning well and today totally 360 and no clicks. Did you work out a fix for it by chance?

Has there been any update on this issue? I am looking at possibly upgrading my strobes and the YS-D3II is one of the strobes I am considering but not if Sea&Sea has such (apparently) serious quality control or design flaw issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom