sea and sea 5000g replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gballard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently flooded my 5000g, I called the repair number to find out what I should do to replace it. They told me to send in my camera and housing so they could see if it could be repaired or offer me a price for replacement. My camera is past the warranty period, so no help there. They said the price would be 550.00 and would need to send in my old camera. The camera is the Ricoh gx, which until now has not been for sale in the U.S. .Ricoh gx and the new gx8 both fit in the same housing. I ordered the gx8 from digitalliquidators.com for 369.00. So if you have flooded your 5000g you can easily get a replacement, and an upgrade all at once. I hope this helps the people that have had the frustration of dealing with sea and sea.:D

I got the rechargable battery for the 5000g, also works in the 8000g. It's the db-43 battery.In the sea and sea manual it says that alkaline batteries last for 80 pics and the db-43 lasts for 400 pics. I got the batteries and charger from bargainbasementbatteries.com , I could'nt find them in any store. So if you want more time under water without having to change the batteries all the time, these are great batteries.

So....go take some pictures! Doesn't have to be underwater, bugs and flowers and stuff will do! :D

The 8000 is alot faster between shots than the 5000. Hopefully, they will make the ricoh caplio the same size in the next model.

I'm working on finding a source for o-rings, Sea and Sea does'nt seem to sell a kit for the camera.

Back
Top Bottom