SDI Road to Rescue Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A climate controlled room helps as well
16321756635521622059733012475362.jpg

I don't that is a hangar the drysuit is on.

They make you do Nav and Deep (I believe you finish those two completely),
No. You only do the first dive of each specialty.

Advanced looks like what used to called master diver when I did it in 2010.
Advanced is four specialties plus 25 dives.
Master is four specialties plus Rescue plus 50 dives.
Neither is a certification level, just a recognition level.

Advanced is four specialties plus 25 dives.
Master is four specialties plus Rescue plus 50 dives.
Neither is a certification level, just a recognition level.
Oh ok, kinda like Boy Scouts with ticking off the box items. Makes sense. Based on the convo here I'll probably speak to my local shop and figure out how they schedule the individual specialties and start with Buoyancy :)

Oh ok, kinda like Boy Scouts with ticking off the box items. Makes sense. Based on the convo here I'll probably speak to my local shop and figure out how they schedule the individual specialties and start with Buoyancy :)
You'll spend a lot more money and time doing the specialties prior to Rescue.
If your goal is Rescue then just do your 40 dives -- in varying environments, if possible -- and work on buoyancy/trim.
If your goal is learning some new kinds of things underwater, then the Advanced Adventurer is the fastest, easiest way to taste what some of them are like so you can hoose among them wisely.
If you already know what specialties you want to do, then just do them.
Note that your shop may not teach all the specialties equally well. For example, they can probably do Deep just fine, but Wreck is best taught by someone who seriously dives a lot of wrecks.

You'll spend a lot more money and time doing the specialties prior to Rescue.
If your goal is Rescue then just do your 40 dives -- in varying environments, if possible -- and work on buoyancy/trim.
If your goal is learning some new kinds of things underwater, then the Advanced Adventurer is the fastest, easiest way to taste what some of them are like so you can hoose among them wisely.
If you already know what specialties you want to do, then just do them.
Note that your shop may not teach all the specialties equally well. For example, they can probably do Deep just fine, but Wreck is best taught by someone who seriously dives a lot of wrecks.
StuartScuba, they have a different instructor for each specialty. I was leaning towards doing Buoyancy, Deep Diver, and then either Wreck or Night based on whichever appeals more. I'd thought about drysuit or FFM, but the shop offers neither of these and I figured it would be something to think over as I get more dives done and decide if I can take the FL winter water or not.

FFM has its perks and cons, and a lot of people online rave about drysuits even in FL. I expect as I dive with more people, I'll start hearing more firsthand comments.

Luckily this isn't PADI where they just increase everything by 25% in price
Careful of what you say.....bashing is not nice, especially if you are basing it on hearsay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom