SDI Road to Rescue Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did Deep only having OW. And nitrox.

Suggest you go to the SDI website and look at each specialty. There is a PDF linked at the bottom of the page which lists the standards for the class.

Try and see first drysuits are great and I love mine but it is another air bubble to manage and they are a little pricey.

If you get cold in the winter in a 7mm then start eating Ramon noodles and save for the drysuit.

Try and see first drysuits are great and I love mine but it is another air bubble to manage and they are a little pricey.

If you get cold in the winter in a 7mm then start eating Ramon noodles and save for the drysuit.
Lmao tri or neoprene?

Lmao tri or neoprene?

I like trilam personally but it's personal preference.

As a new diver be warned gear tends to breed once in a warm loving home.

I like trilam personally but it's personal preference.

As a new diver be warned gear tends to breed once in a warm loving home.
My 5mm fin boots don't like to dry... I imagine a drysuit wouldn't either

Fans are your friend. And a HangAir.

Trilams dry quick, cordera slowly and neoprene takes forever. My drysuit is way before my hood I use drygloves so they dry quick as well.

Fans are your friend. And a HangAir.
A hangar fan? How does that make a drysuit dry with boots on it?

So far my two annoying equipments that don't dry are my BCD (inside pockets) and my boots. Everything else, even the reg, take about a day in the shade.

Even the wetsuit is almost dry in one day. I built a small PVC pipe drying rack and hang everything from that, but I don't have specialty hangers so I use shoestring to tie my BCD straps closer so it stays on :p

The Hang Air dries the inside and you aim a fan at the inside. Hang Air is a wide plastic hanger with a fan built into it.

[QUOTESo far my two annoying equipments that don't dry are my BCD (inside pockets) and my boots. Everything else, even the reg, take about a day in the shade.[/QUOTE]

I put crumpled up newspaper in my boots to dry them out quickly.

Back
Top Bottom